Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Working title...

About ten years ago, when we moved from France back to Australia, I almost gave up drawing comics for a living. What made me stay in the business was a promise I made to myself that one day I'd work on a project with a little more personal involvement than anything I've drawn since Dans L'Ombre du Soleil. My recent series in France - Du Plomb Dans La Tete - was my first step in that direction, but I was not responsible for the concept or the writing, so this wasn't exactly what I was thinking of either.

Yesterday, using what little spare time that my various Star Wars commitments allow, I finished the first draft of a comic script. I haven't written anything for myself, or anyone else for that matter, for years, and I'd forgotten just how bloody hard it all is.

Diesel Park West currently clocks in at 23 pages, which could boil down to the standard 22 for the US market, or it could stretch out to 24 or 25 by the time I finish the next draft. Whatever happens, it's the first book in what could become an open-ended series: working title - the dBs. And no, it's nothing to do with a story about an failed indy rock band...

I'll probably never get the time to draw this script, but it's a work in progress, and I'm pleased I've finally done something about that ten year old promise to myself. The next step? Rework the script, get a final draft that I'm reasonably happy with, and then post some thumbnails here.

Stay tuned?

5 Comments:

Blogger Guglie said...

you can bet I stay tuned!

Very interesting new Colin, I really enjoyed "Du plomb" and I'm very curious to see something about this "totally yours" project

12:30 AM  
Blogger mister X said...

Yes, I will follow the development of your history ...

I love Les démons du Missouri :(

3:20 AM  
Blogger bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 PM  
Blogger dylan said...

Hi Colin,

Is there any way to get hold of the second to parts of Dans L'Ombre du Soleil anymore?

Dylan

9:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Weston said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Colin. Don't leave it too long 'til the next one.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home