Friday, May 08, 2009

Rough Stuff

Picture 8.pngOK, I haven't posted much over the last month, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything! Here's some of what's been happenin'......

• More Dredd on the way. Yep, a thirty-pager(!) for The Megazine, due for publication any minute. Should come complete with probably my best ever Dredd cover, and a feature interview....

• Issue 12 of Rough Stuff contains a big 15 page interview, complete with images from all over (many never before published).

• The Example has been making waves here in Oz, with a big article on Tom and I in the May 5 issue of The Australian. The article is available online here.

• Last night was the combined launch party for The Example and Flinch at Dymocks Bookshop in Melbourne. A big crowd listened to speeches by Tom Taylor, Shaun Tan, and Wolfgang Bylsma followed by a lengthy book signing session by contributing authors and artists Tom, Bobby.N, Tom Bonin and Shaun Tan.

• Friday May 8 is the day that Star Wars: Invasion Preview #1 goes online. Yay! Online Preview #2 next month, followed by the first actual monthly comic in July. Tom Taylor and I will be at the San Diego Comic Con signing copies at both the Dark Horse and Gestalt stands.

Is that enough for ya?....

9 Comments:

Blogger DaveMahler said...

Hi Mr Wilson,
My name's Dave, I met you the other night at the signing. I lived in Belgium? ha ha, I hope that rings a bell! I was just wondering, I forgot to ask you there, but do you use a brush, nib or pen for your inks??
Thanks!
Dave

7:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Weston said...

Colin, thanks for the namecheck in the Meg interview... glad I was instrumental in your return to MC1!

I'll be at San Diego too, so I'll make sure I stop by your booth and say hi in person for the second time ever (yes... we met once at the UKCAC Convention 1987 or was it 1988? Back before I was a pro anyway!)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Sold.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gary Fitzgerald said...

well shit...
this is the year that I skip SDCC and go to heroes instead..


ah well..

btw. gettin a young blueberry page via Royd, can't wait...

3:29 PM  
Blogger Colin Wilson said...

Dave: all of the above! I try to mix 'em all up, and I often can't tell what gets used in what in the end.

Chris: I never knew that..... but I owe you a drink anyway for your help in getting back all of my 2000AD originals from the '80's all those years ago! See you at the SD Con fer sure....

Gary: Hope you like the page. Those things are huge... I dunno how I ever had the time to cover all that blank space! Somehow I don't think that this year's SDCC will be my last, so....

5:29 PM  
Blogger Steven Sterlacchini said...

Just read the Star War preview, great stuff, can't wait. And more Dredd too, this just keep getting better and better.

I've got my copies of The Example and Flinch on order.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Martin Jurgeit said...

Hello Mr. Wilson,

we from JNK Media are doing the German Blueberry edition for Egmont and need a quick direct contact to you. Unfortunately we have no correct e-mail adress. Can you please contact us via redaktion@comixene.de?

Thanks
Martin Jurgeit

1:50 AM  
Blogger Bugsnaker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Bugsnaker said...

Hi Colin

I'm trying to contact you and Janet but can't find an email address for you two..your old one doesn't work. I'm an old friend of Janet's and have something you may be interested in. No it's not network marketing and no, I'm not trying to sell you anything LOL. There's an opportunity to get the rights to a pretty awesome graphic novel and I thought it would be right up your alley. Even if it's not it would be great to catch up with J and find out how Cody is doing

Regards

Mike Henderson.
09 817 4406
technoflash@slingshot.co.nz

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home