Sunday, February 08, 2009

Star Wars: Invasion

Vong_small.jpgThis weekend at the New York Comic Con, Dark Horse announced details of the project Tom Taylor and I have been working on since the middle of last year. Invasion is a new Star Wars series, and the first book of our first 5-issue story arc is scheduled for publication by Dark Horse Comics this July. Two 8-page "prequels" to launch the new series will go online at www.starwars.com in May and June.

Although Tom and I have been working together on a variety of projects over the last couple of years, this is the biggie, and we are both giving this new series our best shot. Invasion, set 25 years after the Battle of Yarvin (just in case you wanted to know!) introduces the readers to the Galfridian family, and the peace-loving planet of Artoria. Unfortunately the Yuuzhan Vong are about to arrive...

For more details check out the Comic Book Resources NYCC coverage here, and online interviews with both Tom and myself here and here.

I'll write more about all this in the next few days, but at the moment it's hard to get excited about any of this in light of the huge bush-fires that have raged through parts of Victoria this weekend following the 46 degree day we all suffered yesterday....

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank-Joseph said...

I'm so excited for this series! I was unfamiliar with your non-Star Wars art, but have been buying what I can find at local comic stores since I heard the news!

Again, so excited!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger McEwok said...

I've loved your work on Legacy and Rebellion, and I'm INCREDIBLY psyched for this.

If you're interested in doing a short interview about Star Wars: Invasion with TheForce.Net, send me an e-mail to paul @t theforce .dot. net.

But, mainly, kudos. And thanks. *grin!*

1:05 PM  
Blogger Steven Sterlacchini said...

Excellent news. Glad to hear this will be a good chunk of work.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home