Sunday, April 04, 2010

Con Time

With Melbourne Supanova almost upon us, the 2010 Comic Con season is about to begin. In addition to the Melbourne event, I have also been invited to both the Sydney and Perth events this year, which should get me up to speed for the big one in July, the 2010 San Diego Comic Con.

Yep, it's on again, and this year Tom Taylor I will have our own stand, in conjunction with long-time Star Wars contributor Dave Dorman, and our Australian publisher Gestalt Publishing.

If you are planning on attending any of these Cons, stop by and say hi. I'll be signing anything and everything, taking a limited number of commission to work on during each event, and (if everything goes according to plan), by mid-year I may also have a limited number of my first-ever sketchbook available......

7 Comments:

Blogger Colin Wilson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Colin Wilson said...

Sorry Adam, but I won't be there. Melbourne and Brisbane last year, Sydney and Perth this time....

4:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Colin. I'll be at the Melbourne Supanova this Saturday. Hope to see you there. I've got a 2000AD magazine I hope you can sign for me. This book here http://www.2000adonline.com/2000ad/media/index/progs/original/1175.jpg

I'm also a comic book artist but I'm still quite new to the industry because I've only been working in it since late 2008. I would love to draw Dredd for 2000AD one day. It probably won't ever happen though but fingers crossed. At least I've had the privilage to work on my favourite super-hero, the Phantom.

Also what would you charge for a commission? It's just so I know in advanced so I can organize my spending budget. Thanks.

Looking forward to meeting you.

- Mick

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Puggdogg

I'll be at Supanova for both days again this year, and I'll be running a commissions list again similar to last year. $50 for local Cons, and either $100 to $150 for SDCC later in the year.

Good luck on the Dredd thing. These days there's usually quite a line of artists wanting to draw old stoney-face, and it's a big ask do jump right in on Dredd.... usually 2000AD will want to try out any new talent of one-off stories they run from time to time. But stop by this weekend and have a chat.......

11:36 PM  
Blogger Colin Wilson said...

Gawd I hate it when I discover that I'm logged in under by youngest son's ID! That previous post was from me.........

11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

$50 hey? Sounds good to me. Hopefully I can put some cash towards a commission. Expect my request to be either the Phantom or Dredd. :) See ya this Saturday.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Colin

Thanks again for the Dredd illustration, It's great. I went and digitally coloured the image for the fun of it. I really enjoyed working on it.
http://puggblogg.blogspot.com/?action=view&current=BlogHomeButton.gif

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home